Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Glittery Nails for the Eighth Night of the Festival of Lights

I still wanted to be in the Chanukah spirit despite my lack of nail art so I went with themed colors. While Chanukah may end tonight, I still feel very much in the spirit.

Of all the new Deborah Lippmann colors, Stronger attracted me the most. I love the slight blue jelly base with the silver and gold holographic glitter. But really attracted me was the accent of red-orange glitter. The blue of the base fits perfectly with the gold and orange reminded me of flames on a candle. It's subdued yet so sparkly. I can't really explain it. You just have to see it.

On my pinky and index, I did two coats of Cirque Polish Ginza, which was an exclusive color that I bought at her booth at the Renegade Craft Fair. It's a silver foil that is holographic, which sets it apart from other silver holographic polishes. I actually didn't care for it against the Deborah Lippmann--the finishes just didn't mesh. So I added a coat of Cirque Polish Starstuff (which came with Ginza). MUCH better. Starstuff is amazing. I hope Annie releases it for everyone (it's been on my toes all week). Starstuff is a silver holographic glitter which also has pink and green glitters (to my eye) and it's just so sparkly and loveeeee.

Deborah Lippmann Stronger and Cirque Starstuff
Deborah Lippmann Stronger and Cirque Starstuff
Deborah Lippmann Stronger and Cirque Starstuff
Deborah Lippmann Stronger and Cirque Starstuff with flash
Deborah Lippmann Stronger and Cirque Starstuff blurred to show sparkle
Deborah Lippmann Stronger and Cirque Starstuff
Deborah Lippmann Stronger and Cirque Ginza
Do you like my ode to Chanukah? It's not art, but it's sparkly and gorgeous and surely represents the festival of lights!

Facebook.
Instagram.
Etsy Shop.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! But please do not post any links in your comment as it will be automatically deleted. If you would like me to look at your site, please E-MAIL me. Thank you!!