Monday, January 27, 2014

Winter Sweater (or Sock) Nail Art

Winter is still rearing its ugly head in the Northeast and we just keep getting freezing temperatures and snow. Go away! I actually saw my socks, which remind me of one of those "Ugly Christmas Sweater" themes and they inspired me to do my nails! It's fun to find inspiration in everyday items. 

I started with two coats of Island Girl Island Heat which is a blight blue creme with darker blue glitter in it. It's bright but also wintry. If I wore it alone, I would have done three thin coats, but two sufficed as my background to nail art. It's obviously not exact to the sock, but that's why I say inspired by.

It's not perfect and the lines aren't straight but that's okay with nail art. We are human and it's not supposed to be perfect. I used Essie Smooth Sailing, OPI My Boyfriend Scales Wall, Zoya Verushka, and Zoya Posh to paint on the details.


Winter Sweater (or Sock) Nail Art


Winter Sweater (or Sock) Nail Art


Winter Sweater (or Sock) Nail Art


Winter Sweater (or Sock) Nail Art
Winter Sweater (or Sock) Nail Art


Island Girl Island Heat, 2 coats

I have a lot of cool socks. I should look at them more often.

Facebook.
Instagram.
Etsy Shop.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment! But please do not post any links in your comment as it will be automatically deleted. If you would like me to look at your site, please E-MAIL me. Thank you!!